Almost a century strong
Since our humble beginnings in 1919 as Bay City Machine Company, PCMC has grown into a dynamic and global machine manufacturer today. Founded by father-son partners Peter J. Christman, Sr. and Peter J. Christman, Jr., the company quickly expanded far beyond anything they could have imagined.
In 1946, L.G. Wood became president, and he successfully led the company through our expansion into Europe, the opening of our present-day headquarters and our entry into the flexographic printing and nonwovens industries. Shortly after his passing, the Baer family took an active role in our company’s leadership in 1969, and remained there until Barry-Wehmiller acquired us in 2005. During their tenure, the Baer’s fueled our continued expansion overseas in Lucca, Italy.
Since joining the BW family more than 10 years ago, PCMC experienced a newfound sense of direction powered by a people-centric culture and sound business strategy. We’ve embraced Lean philosophies and challenge our teammates to find their own ways to build a better world through our business today that will last for years to come.